Tenant Renovations in Secure Spaces, Outside Continental US
Weston provides facility renovations in secure spaces for the Defense Attaché Office in U.S. embassies worldwide. Using our proven self-perform crews, Weston executes compliant renovations with minimal disruption to ongoing embassy operations.
Weston has provided facility renovations on over 30 U.S. embassies around the world, including work in South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa at a total value of $43M. The overarching goal of each project is to provide a final product that exceeds the unique U.S. government security requirements for work in embassies. In addition, the renovation work has the following complex challenges and demands:
- Work environment is an active, high-profile facility, usually in an occupied suite, requiring a high degree of coordination with end users, uninterrupted security coverage, and telecommunication connections.
- Secure procurement of materials and equipment in the United States, with overseas shipments to the sites in accordance with the project schedule and phasing plan.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and efficiently to changing conditions, including embassy schedules, scope changes, and requests while performing multiple concurrent task orders.
- Age and type of building construction; older buildings often result in an increased number of unknowns required to be addressed during renovation.
- Environmental concerns for construction crews and building occupants, such as asbestos, lead paint, and mold, as well as proper collection and disposal of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning coolants during demolition.
- Site configuration and location, which, in downtown locations can result in delivery restrictions or lack of the Secure Storage Area at the specific post.
“This team was outstanding! I anticipated disruption to my work space, but had none….. I think in my 16 years…This was the most positive experience I’ve had with having ‘outsiders’ in my office space. They are all to be commended for the great job they did”
Operations Coordinator, U.S. Embassy, Saudi Arabia.