Weston has completed hundreds of remediation projects for commercial and government clients over the past 35 years. Examples of our services range from eliminating lead, benzene, and perchlorate contamination from soils and groundwater to the removal of transuranic waste from legacy radiological waste streams. And that’s just a snapshot of our expertise. With safety, reliability, and quality as our foundation, Weston employs a variety of processes to properly handle, remediate, decontaminate, and dispose of solid, hazardous, and nuclear waste.
Our services include:
- Site Surveys
- Investigations, Closures, and Restoration
- Feasibility Studies and Risk Assessments
- Remedy Implementation
- Remedial Design and Construction
- Operations and Maintenance
- In Situ and Ex Situ Remediation Technologies
Solid/Hazardous/Radiological Waste Management
Weston has provided comprehensive radiation protection and radiological engineering services to commercial and government clients for more than 25 years. Our Certified Health Physicists have broad experience at military installations; commercial industry facilities; and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and other government agency sites. We also maintain radiological services licenses that provide coverage through reciprocity in all 50 states.
Our services include:
- Nuclear Regulatory Agency (NRC) and Agreement State Licensing and Regulatory Support
- Decontamination and Decommissioning (D&D) and Recycling
- Radiological Engineering
- Health Physics Field Services
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Radiation Detection Instrument Rental
- Radiological Dose Assessments using current software applications
- Worker Protection Training
- Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM) Final Status Surveys
- Environmental Compliance Monitoring
- Occupational Safety Surveys
- Analytical Data Verification
- Licensing, Permitting, Hydrogeologic Modeling, and Engineering Design-Build support to uranium resources companies
Emergency Planning & Response
Weston has earned a reputation for providing exceptional emergency preparedness, planning, and loss prevention services related to counter-terrorism planning as well as in response to catastrophic and environmentally sensitive events.
We have completed more than 1,180 emergency responses and more than 50 multiagency exercises and drills at the federal, state, and local levels under current and recently completed Superfund Technical Assessment and Response Team (START) contracts across all 10 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regions. Our expertise, which spans all types and magnitudes of time-critical responses, is backed by our proven ability to deploy over 400 responders in a short period of time to provide EPA with 24/7/365 rapid response support. We are proud to have been part of EPA’s largest responses, including the 9/11 World Trade Center, Capitol Anthrax, Columbia Shuttle Recovery, Deepwater Horizon, Hurricanes Katrina and Irene, and Superstorm Sandy.
Our wide range of emergency preparedness services includes:
- Contingency Planning
- Chemical Emergency Planning and Prevention, including real-time chemical agent monitoring
- Risk Management Planning, including security analyses and water vulnerability assessments as well as facility risk management program audits/inspections
- Chemical Safety Reviews
- Oil Spill Preparedness and Prevention, including technologies for preventing and mitigating oil or hazardous substance releases
Weston has been recognized for our ability to provide integrated solutions to address the supply, storage, distribution, quality, restoration, and protection of water resources. From creating tablet-based, regulatory-compliant stormwater planning programs to providing a comprehensive $145M polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) remediation and ecological restoration for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Weston water solutions yield savings and efficiencies.
With extensive expertise serving a broad range of agencies, including EPA, the U.S. Department of Interior, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration as well as state and local environmental and water management boards and utilities, Weston has addressed our clients’ most challenging water resource needs.
Our services include:
- Water Resource Modeling
- Flood and Watershed Management Studies
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Compliance
- Aquatic Toxicology
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- Environmental Sampling
- Testing and Analyses, including sediment characterization; water quality; sediment transport modeling; and wetland enhancement, restoration, and creation
Weston safely and successfully solves Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC), Chemical Warfare Materiel (CWM), and other high-hazard challenges for our clients. Our personnel are trained and highly experienced at addressing sites involving explosives, unexploded ordnance (UXO), chemical weapons, biological hazards, toxic agents, and radioactive materials.
Safety is paramount to our success in virtually every service we provide, but within this area, it is perhaps even more critical. That said, Weston’s Experience Modification rate (EMR) is consistently well under the industry norm, and our Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recordable rate is less than half the industry average.
Innovation is key as well. Employing our Munitions Response solutions, we have saved our clients time and money by quickly and accurately identifying buried or concealed hazards using complex technologies such as electromagnetic and infrared sensors, ground-penetrating radar, remote sampling, magnetometry, advanced geophysical detection, and custom robotic solutions.
Weston is known as the go-to resource for regulatory permitting and compliance programs for all the market sectors we serve – federal, state and local, and commercial. We plan, design, install, and operate emission testing and pollution control systems for some of the largest commercial/industrial clients across the U.S. We are sought-after for our ability to accurately measure and monitor source emissions for engineering design, process optimization, energy efficiency, and compliance demonstration.
Our comprehensive air quality services include:
- Point Source, Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEM), and Fugitive Emissions Testing
- Ambient Air Quality and Meteorological Monitoring
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Air Permitting
- Air Quality Modeling
- Operations and Compliance Documentation
- Facility Siting Studies
- Wind Energy Feasibility and Siting Studies
- Dispersion & Deposition Modeling
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Health Risk Assessments
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories
Fuels System Optimization
Weston has earned a reputation within the Department of Defense for outstanding design, engineering, and inspection services related to fuel systems – from planning and permitting to the maintenance, repair, and construction of fueling facilities. Our proven fuel system services can solve the toughest challenges faced by our clients in federal, state, and local government and in the commercial sector. From designing new systems to demolishing outdated ones, we have the personnel, experience, and contract vehicles to satisfy any fuels facility need.
Our Fuels Team is composed of highly experienced professionals with expertise across all areas of facility operations/maintenance, American Petroleum Institute/Steel Tank Institute/National Association of Corrosion Engineers (API/STI/NACE) inspections, engineering assessments, direct design, and construction. Our staff of field personnel, engineers, coordinators, and project/program managers work together to create tailored solutions for specific project needs.
Our Comprehensive Fueling Systems services include:
- Full-Service Inspections such as API 653, STI (SP 001), API 570, state environmental compliance, and Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC)
- Underground Storage Tank/Aboveground Storage Tank (UST/AST) Tank Cleaning Services
- Site and Fuel Facility Assessments by Professional Engineers and operator/maintainer personnel
- Facility Risk Assessment Surveys, including operations, equipment, and safety
- Fuels Facility Maintenance, Repair, Upgrade, and Construction performed in-house on select project scopes
- Full Construction-Management Support on fueling system and tank repair projects
- Design-Build services with in-house capabilities for aviation and ground fueling facilities
- Preparation of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manuals and Related Documents for all types of fueling systems
We are highly regarded for our Government Services that require a top-secret clearance. Weston holds an active Top Secret Industrial Security Facility Site Clearance, conforming to all National Industrial Security Program operating practices. Our Defense Security Services reviews have rated us as ‘Commendable’ for our safeguards and protection of classified information.
Our Classified Services include the design, renovation, and construction of various infrastructure improvements at high-security facilities for the U.S. Government. Specifically, our expertise includes:
- Design-Build of New Core Area Facilities and the Upgrade of Existing Facilities to meet mission-critical requirements
- Secure Self-Contained Data Networks and Phone Systems
- Sound Attenuation, Acoustic Barriers, and Silencers
- Physical Security of Vents, Ducts, and Pipes
- Electronic Emanation Countermeasure Systems
- Security, Access Control, and Integrated Perimeter Protection and Monitoring Systems
- Operations and Security Command Centers Design and Construction
- Secure, Mission-Critical Facility Renovations
- Vehicle Denial Barrier Systems
- Secure Gate Complexes and Systems
This work is routinely performed in mission-critical facilities with active and ongoing operations. Weston has the proven ability to perform these upgrades with a minimal impact to ongoing operational activities.