WEST CHESTER, Pa., May 28, 2015 –The Environmental Protection Agency recognized Weston as the sole recipient of the FY2014 Administrator’s Award for Outstanding Accomplishments by a Large Prime Contractor during their 25th Annual Small Business Program Awards Ceremony on May 21, 2015.
This national award recognizes Weston’s strong contract performance and overall efforts to achieve superior and sustained Small Business (SB) subcontracting results. The EPA applauded Weston’s commitment to maximizing participation for SB, Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), Woman-Owned SB (WOSB), Veteran Owned SB (VOSB), Hub Zone (HUB), Service-Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB), and Ability One organizations. The award highlights, that in 2014, Weston:
- exceeded the EPA goal for subcontract work completed by SBs (77% vs. 55%), as well as the Agency’s goal in each of the sub SB socioeconomic categories;
- continued our Corporate SB Utilization Policy and SB Subcontracting Plan;
- strengthened our solid history in maintaining service agreements with Historically Black Colleges/Universities and Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI), in running established Mentor Protégé Programs, and in working with Ability One organizations;
- continued maintaining corporate purchase agreements for facilities supplies, office equipment, and furniture with firms that participate in the Ability One program; and
- received a Highly Successful rating from the Defense Contract Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The EPA also recognized Weston’s SB Program Manager, Stephanie Sherwood, who “worked in a highly coordinated fashion” among contracting managers and staff to drive a successful SB program.